Please Log-in or Create An Account to View This Resource
This Resource has content that is only available to members of ClimateAccess.org. Please log-in or sign-up in order to see this content.
Revenge of the Beaver: Building Power in the Age of the Canadian Culture WarAuthor: Published 2012
Polling & Social Science
A strategy for Canadian environmentalists and social change leaders on how to combat the growing "culture war" through in-person relationship building.
The paper's author, Matt Price outlines five criteria of "breakthrough" campaigns, which are useful recommendations for communicators outside of Canada as well:
1. F2F: Build trust and common cause through face-to-face interactions.
2. Values First: Tap into emotions and values.
3. Beautiful Back End: Take time to build your engagement ladder.
4. Moment-Um: Answer the question "why now?" and tell the story.
5. Turtle not Hare: Have patience and capacity to move forward with consistency.
Photo via (cc) Flickr user Christopher Policarpio