Please Log-in or Create An Account to View This Resource
This Resource has content that is only available to members of ClimateAccess.org. Please log-in or sign-up in order to see this content.
Thirteen different tips for being an effective communicator on climate change.
WHY YOU SHOULD TAKE A LOOK
Approaching conversations on climate change can be difficult, whether it’s within a peer group or a work environment. This report gives thirteen steps for approaching conversations on climate change in a more effective manner.
1. Start with people, stay with people
2. Connect on common values
3. Acknowledge ambivalence
4. Scale from personal to planet
5. Sequence matters
6. Use “facts,” not science
7. Inspire and empower
8. Be solutions-focused
9. Describe, don’t label
10. Have at least 1 powerful fact from a trusted messenger
11. Prepare don’t adapt
12. Speak from the mountaintops, don’t fight in the trenches
13. Message discipline is critical
image via (cc) Lefteris Katsouromallis, flickr