Looking for a change? This is your place to discover new jobs in the climate communications and engagement field. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to post position openings.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Climate Access is a nonprofit organization building political and public support for equitable climate and clean energy solutions by developing and promoting effective communication and engagement approaches. We work with climate leaders to develop innovative framing and outreach strategies that result in broad public participation in planning, policies, and increased social capital.
Through Climate Access’s Strategic Framing and Narrative Development program, we are working directly with advocates and government leaders to shape a global narrative regarding the need to phase out of fossil fuels and accelerate an equitable energy transition. The Communication Strategist will work with the Climate Access team and international project partners to help shape and implement communication plans to amplify the Fossil Fuel Non-Proliferation Treaty initiative. They will also provide strategic input on other Climate Access planning and evaluation projects.
Duties and responsibilities:
This a full-time position starting January 2021 through December 2022. The position is designed for a highly motivated, self-starter with prior communications experience who is comfortable working remotely and flexible hours to accommodate coordination with Climate Access team members and partners located in different time zones around the globe. The position will report to the Executive Director of Climate Access.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and implement communication strategies for the Fossil Fuel Non-Proliferation Treaty in key global markets.
- Produce strategic guidance for nonprofit, government and business leaders to effectively convey the need for a phase out of fossil fuels.
- Manage the development, creative direction, and dissemination of communication plans and fossil fuel phase out narratives.
- Coordinate with the Communication Associate to cultivate media relations.
- Contribute to and provide support for additional Climate Access projects and activities.
- Expand the Resource and Training Center to share lessons learned and best practices with climate leaders.
- B.A. in communication, environmental studies, political science or related degree. Graduate-level degree is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years in climate/environment communications or related field.
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills.
- Demonstrated track record developing successful strategic communication planning, framing, and engagement guidance.
- Proven capacity to work collaboratively with a team and a range of partners.
- Commitment to contributing to an anti-racist, inclusive organizational culture.
- Ability, comfort, and capacity to work in a virtual office structure.
- Strong interpersonal skills, initiative, and motivation.
- Commitment to advancing equitable climate and energy solutions.
Salary range: $60,000-$70,000/year
Please submit a cover letter, resume, two writing samples, and a list of three references to email@example.com with “Communication Strategist” in the subject line by November 20, 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
We strongly encourage those with the following identities to apply: BIPOC, people with intersecting identities - LGBTQIA+, women and non-binary people, people living with disabilities and others with lived experience being part of marginalized communities.